Content Marketing Associate
acorn30 is a growing marketing agency based in Peterborough, Ontario. We are looking for a Content Marketing Associate to join our team. This is an exciting role that applies the latest technology and marketing best practices to help our clients achieve their business growth goals.
The Content Marketing Associate will be responsible for creating inbound marketing materials for acorn30 and our clients, as well as evaluating how those materials are performing as a part of a larger marketing strategy. This will be an interdisciplinary role involving content creation, content and social media analytics, user experience management, and more.
Location: acorn30 is a remote-first company and is accepting applications from across Canada.
Duration: This is a six-month contract position with the possibility of extension.
acorn30 was founded in 2016 and in 2018 became a HubSpot Solutions Partner. We develop inbound marketing strategies and campaigns for B2B Industrial companies across Canada.
While this is a junior position, make no mistake— you will be given client projects and live campaigns to work on. If you’re the one we’re looking for, you have experience but more importantly, you’re a nerd who approaches your job as a problem solver.
You come to the table not only with a knack for the technical, but also with a desire to learn more and figure things out. You won’t know how to do all the work you’re given, but you love nothing more than digging in and finding the answer. You may just be starting your career or you have a completely different job in mind for your future; either way you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding experience.
You’re also the kind of person who takes advantage of opportunities to learn and grow. We are offering access to training and certifications as well as mentoring opportunities within and beyond our company.
This position will be considered for the Digital Skills for Youth (DS4Y) Program; the successful candidate must be qualified under this program. As such, qualified candidates must be a graduate from a post-secondary institution, under the age of 30 and a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person granted refugee status in Canada currently living in Canada.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing blog posts, emails, pillar pages, microcopy, etc.
- Creating written and visual social media content
- Ghostwriting articles for company leadership
- Video production for social media
- Using native and external analytics tools, interpreting results, and reporting
- Quality control reviews of your own and others’ work
- Must be qualified for the Digital Skills for Youth Program
- Diploma or Degree in Marketing, Journalism or similar discipline
- Minimum 2 years experience producing content for the web specifically as well as channel specific knowledge (blog, LinkedIn, Instagram etc.)
- Past experience building audiences either online or offline
- A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative and an excellent writer but can also be process-driven, think scale and rely on data to make decisions
- Ability to juggle multiple projects
Nice to Have
- Experience working with HubSpot, Canva and Vidyard
- Experience using ClickUp
- Experience with QA processes
- Experience working in or with a marketing agency
- Experience managing projects or working in a project management platform
Please submit both your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. For any inquiries, please address them to Heather Watson, Creative Director. If possible, include a link to your portfolio in your submitted materials.
acorn30 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.