Digital Service Squad – Team Member
This position is based in Peterborough Ontario. The successful candidate will have the ability to work from home but must also be able to serve clients in Peterborough City and County. As such, a valid drivers’ license is required and access to a vehicle (mileage is paid).
We are looking for a recent grad who is able to work full time hours.
The position is a combination of B2B outreach and education providing digital training (online and in-person): Webinars and workshops focusing on specific digital technologies and strategies, including e-commerce, social media, and website development.
acorn30 is working in partnership with the Peterborough and Kawartha Chamber of Commerce to deliver the Digital Main Street program throughout the Peterborough City and County. We are currently seeking outgoing, enthusiastic, qualified candidates for the position of Digital Service Squad Member. This is a unique opportunity to support the growth of one of the province’s most innovative economic development programs. The Digital Main Street program is the first of its kind globally and has experienced excellent traction since its launch in June, 2016.
As a member of the Digital Service Squad (DSS), you will be a key contributor to the success of the platform and the growth of the program as a whole. Local health conditions allowing, the DSS Member is assigned to specific areas and will be required to independently travel to and visit/service local businesses. Otherwise, particularly under COVID-19 conditions, the DSS Member will be assigned to work remotely with local businesses.
The focus of the role is to work one-on-one with main street small businesses and provide the following services:
Duties / Responsibilities
- Conduct pre-business visit research to best understand the neighbourhood and businesses.
Working with the Project Lead, to set up appointments and/or go door-to-door to onboard main street small businesses to the Digital Main Street platform.
- Walk-through the on-boarding survey with the business owner and use appreciative inquiry methods to best understand their business goals and how digital tools/technology can assist them in meeting their goals.
- Assist the business in staying in touch with Digital Main Street by subscribing to the e-newsletter and social channels.
- Once the business has been on-boarded to the Digital Main Street platform, the DSS Member will walk through the Digital Assessment and recommendations with the business owner.
- The DSS Member will assist the business owner in identifying their first priorities and the first digital tools/technology they want to activate.
- The DSS Member will also review vendor recommendations made through the platform and lead the business owner to relevant deals/discounts on the platform.
- The DSS Member will activate and implement free, easy-to-use digital tools and technologies that businesses would like to use (i.e., building a basic website, activating social media accounts, etc.).
- The DSS Member may also provide some resources (articles, links, how-to guides, webinars) available through secondary sources that can help the business owner learn more about a particular tool that has been activated or subject matter of interest.
Reporting and Feedback
- DSS Members must complete their field notes and report on a weekly basis to the Digital Service Squad Administrator.
- DSS Members must attend team meetings as set out by the DSS Administrator.
- DSS Member must ensure ALL DATA is entered on time and accurately within the Digital Main Street CRM (HubSpot).
- DSS Members will be responsible for leading the implementation of special projects and/or community-wide initiatives (i.e Google 360 photography)
Qualified applicants will:
- Possess strong communications skills (written and verbal)
- Possess strong interpersonal and relationship building/relationship management skills
- Possess excellent organizational and time management skills
- Have experience in a sales role and/or marketing environment
- Be able to travel to and work independently (or remotely) with local businesses
- Be familiar with digital technologies for small business (e.g., web, social media, e-commerce, etc.)
- Be able to use basic software and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and Slack
- Previous experience with online and offline marketing is considered a strong asset
- Previous experience working with small businesses in BIAs is considered an asset